Exceptional Performance and Scalability
The RG-S5750-H Series offers fixed 4 10G fiber ports. Users can flexibly choose 10G fiber or copper ports in various quantities to meet their actual deployment needs. The unparalleled scalability totally supports campus network aggregation of large-sized enterprises, or core deployment of small to medium-sized networks. The series supports MAC address capacity of up to 64K.
IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Multilayer Switching
The RG-S5750-H Series provides hardware support for IPv4/IPv6 multilayer switching at line rates, supports distinction and processing of IPv4 and IPv6 packets by hardware, and provides flexible IPv6 network communication schemes for network implementation planning or maintaining the present network status. The switches also support rich IPv4 routing protocols, including static routing protocols, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP4, enabling users to select appropriate protocols for network building in different environments. A wide array of IPv6 routing protocols is also available. Such include static routing protocols, RIPng, OSPFv3, and BGP4+, enabling users to select appropriate protocols for upgrading an existing network to IPv6 or building a new IPv6 network.
Virtual Switch Unit (VSU)
The Virtual Switch Unit technology, or VSU in short, enables interconnection of several physical devices by virtualizing them into one logical device. The logical device uses one single IP address, Telnet process, command-line interface (CLI), and enables auto version inspection and configuration. From the user perspective, the benefits are multiplied work efficiency and enhanced user experience of several devices operating at the same. And they only have to manage one device. The VSU technology also offers multiple benefits below:
• Easy management: Administrators can centrally manage all the devices at the same time. It is no longer necessary to configure and manage the switches one by one.
• Simplified typology: The VSU is regarded as one switch in the network. By connection of aggregation link and peripheral network devices, MSTP protocol is unnecessary as there is no Layer 2 loop network. All protocols operate as one switch.
• Millisecond failover: The VSU and peripheral devices are connected via the aggregation link. Upon failure event of any device or link, failover to another member link requires only 50ms.
• Exceptional scalability: The network is hot swappable, any devices leaving or joining the virtualized network cause zero impact on other devices.
Comprehensive Security Policies
The RG-S5750-H Series effectively prevents and controls virus spread and hacker attacks with various inherent mechanisms such as anti-DoS attacks, hacker IP scanning, illegal ARP packets checking and multiple hardware ACL policies.
• Hardware-based IPv6 ACL: Allow coexistence of IPv4/IPv6 users and controls the resources access by IPv6 users (e.g. restrict access to sensitive network resources).
• Industry-leading CPU protection mechanism: The CPU protection policy (CPP) distinguishes the data flows sent to the CPU, which are processed according to their priorities, and implements limitations on the bandwidth rate as needed. In this manner, users can prevent the CPU from being occupied by illegal traffic and protect against malicious attacks to guarantee normal operation of the CPU and switch.
• IP/MAC binding: Implement flexible binding of a port or the system to the IP address and MAC address of users, strictly limiting user access on a port or in the entire system.
• DHCP snooping: Allow DHCP responses from trusted ports only; based on DHCP listening and by monitoring ARP dynamically and checking the user IP address, directly discard illegal packets inconsistent with binding entries to effectively prevents ARP frauds and source IP address frauds.
• IP-based Telnet access control: Prevent attacks from illegal personnel or hacker and strengthen the device security.
• Secure Shell and SNMPv3: Secure Shell (SSH) and Simple Network Management Protocol v3 (SNMPv3) cryptographic network protocol ensure the security of management information. Provides services such as multi-element binding, port security, time-based ACL, and bandwidth rate limiting to block unauthorized users.
• NFPP: The NFPP (Network Foundation Protection Policy) enhances switch security. It protects the switch processor and bandwidth by totally isolating the attacking sources. Normal packet forwarding and protocol are hence guaranteed.
The RG-S5750-H Series supports spanning tree protocols of 802.1D, 802.1w, and 802.1s to ensure rapid convergence, improve fault tolerance capabilities, ensure stable running of networks and load balancing of links, and provide redundant links.
• Virtual Router Redundant Protocol (VRRP): Effectively ensure network stability.
• Rapid Link Detection Protocol (RLDP): Detect the connectivity of links and whether an optical fiber link is normal from both ends and supports the loop detection function based on the port to prevent network faults caused by loops generated by the connection of devices such as hubs to ports.
• Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) (G.8032): Implements loop blocking and link recovery on the master device. Other devices directly report the link status to the master device. Without passing through other standby devices, the failover time of loop interruption and recovery is hence faster than STP. The ERSP’s link failover rate can be completed within 50ms under ideal conditions.
• Rapid Ethernet Uplink Protection Protocol (REUP): When Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is disabled, the Rapid Ethernet Uplink Protection Protocol (REUP) can provide basic link redundancy through the rapid uplink protection function and provide faster sub-second-level fault recovery than STP.
• Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD): Provide a method for upper-layer protocols such as routing protocols and MPLS to rapidly detect the connectivity of forwarding paths between routing devices, reducing the convergence time of upper-layer protocols greatly in the case of changes in link status.
• Exceptional business support performance: Support IPv4 and IPv6 multicast with abundant multicast protocols, e.g. IGMP Snooping, IGMP, MLD, PIM, PIM for IPv6, MSDP, etc. The switches offer multicast service for the IPv4 network, IPv6 network, and IPv4/IPv6 co-existing network. IGMP source port and source IP inspection is also enabled to crack down on rogue multicast sources. The series offers rich Layer 3 features (e.g. ECMP) to meet various link planning needs. All products of the RG-S5750-H Series support lightning protection of above 6KV.
• Nonstop PoE (Z-PoE): RG-S5750-48GT4XS-HP-H supports 48-port PoE+ power supply. Since more IoT (Internet of Things) devices depend on PoE (Power over Ethernet) power supply nowadays, Z-PoE (Nonstop PoE) feature is introduced to Ruijie PoE switches. With such a feature, the switch can provide a nonstop PoE power supply to IP cameras, IP phones and other PD (Powered Devices), even when a reboot happens. So operators can feel free to do maintenance jobs like firmware upgrades at any time.
Abundant QoS Policies
The RG-S5750-H Series offers outstanding multilayer traffic categorization and control for MAC traffic, IP traffic, application layer traffic, and so on. The feature achieves traffic policies such as refined bandwidth control and forwarding priority. The series also supports customized QoS features for various applications.
The QoS system, with Diff-Serv as the core, supports a complete set of policies covering 802.1P, IP TOS, Layer 2 to 7 filtering, SP, and WRR.
Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
The RG-S5750-H Series fully supports OpenFlow 1.3. In collaboration with Ruijie’s SDN controller, it forms a large-scale Layer 2 networking architecture with ease. A smooth upgrade of the whole network to a SDN one is also enabled. The switch series hence greatly simplifies network management and minimizes network deployment savings.
The RG-S5750-H Series adopts next-gen hardware architecture with a highly energy-saving circuit design and component selection. The device achieves a marked reduction in energy consumption. In addition to maximized energy saving, the RG-S5750-H Series also significantly lowers noise pollution. All models in the series deploy variable-speed axial fans, which support intelligent speed adjustment based on the current ambient temperature. All the features enable the switches to work smoothly and reduce power consumption and noise pollution at the same time.
The RG-S5750-H Series also supports auto-power-down mode. When an interface is down for a certain period of time, the system will automatically power it down for extra energy efficiency. EEE energy-saving mode is another feature highlight. The system will automatically turn an idle port into energy-saving mode. When there is a new packet, the system will issue listening streams to the port to resume service.
Easy Network Maintenance
The RG-S5750-H Series supports abundant features such as SNMP V1/V2/V3, RMON, Syslog, and logs and configuration backup using USB for routine diagnosis and maintenance. Administrators can use a wide variety of methods for easier management and such include CLI, web management, Telnet, etc.